Friday 6th March
7 – 9pm (doors open 6.30pm)
Oxford Town Hall, St Aldates,
Oxford, OX1 1BX
OIWF presents: Threads of Liberation
Join us for an evening of dance, poetry, humour, drama and conversation on how women’s liberation is viewed by different cultures and ages and how this has changed over time. The programme includes:
- Aarti and Priya Jaganuth, (trained Bharatanatyam dancers) will dance and
talk about the role of women in Indian classical and Temple dance.
- Jenny and Company will perform a specially commissioned dance
‘The Crinoline, Corset and Jeans’.
- Debbie Baisden will perform her one woman show ‘Her and the Change in Me’ followed by a panel discussion about the effects of the menopause.
- A selection of women’s poetry will be read and selected by Viv Miles.
- The evening will be chaired by Dr Maria Jaschok (former Director of the International Gender Studies Centre, Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford).
Oxford International Women’s Festival
Oxford Town Hall, St Aldates, Oxford, OX1 1BX